Update August 21 2016
Complaint Filed Against Hi Point Contractor Phoenician Construction, Los Angeles
State government unable to determine what contractor is able to fix an intercom- [ More Bullshit ]
[Letter to Contractor State License Board to Cynthia Moore – Supervisor- redacted]
August 21 2016
Cynthia Moore, Supervisor,
In her official capacity
Contractors State License Board
Sacramento, CA 95827
Via Facsimile and US Mail
Re: Complaint against Contractor Walter Barratt and Phoenician Construction; Continuing Violation of Federal Law
I am sorry we were not able to reach a resolution in our phone talk on Friday August 19, 2016. You indicated the conspiracy between yourself and the owner and contractor to deny me a working intercom at the above address. You felt it was insufficient proof that I told you that the contractor did not complete the work of mold remediation after water damage to my apartment circa November 2015. I gave you sufficient evidence from the city government of Los Angeles that the contractor failed to conduct adequate asbestos inspection in my apt 9. I had given you written proof from the owner of the property that Phoenician Construction thru Ali Mozonnar is the company responsible for maintenance on the property during the time of the non-working intercom. You said you talked with the owner and the contractor and the owner said that the contractor is not responsible for the maintenance of the intercom. Without waiving the fact you entered into a criminal and civil conspiracy to deprive me as a Black Kushite Male of repairs paid for by my rent agreement and monies, I find it hard to believe you talked with the owner. If you had talked with the owner and contractor, you would have asked them which contractor was indeed responsible for the intercom repairs; you have caused injury to me by failing to exercise reasonable diligence to perform your mandatory duty. GC section 815.6. You made no mention of the hazardous asbestos failure to make adequate inspection to Apt 9 by Phoenician Construction, that was declared by the city government of Los Angeles.
“If you had talked with the owner and contractor, you would have asked them which contractor was indeed responsible for the intercom repairs; you have caused injury to me by failing to exercise reasonable diligence to perform your mandatory duty. GC section 815.6.”
The California Civil code says that the owner and his employees and agents is responsible for the maintenance of the building. The check stubs supplied to you and the letters from Cliff Renfrew are irrefutable proof that Phoenician is the contractor responsible for maintenance. I have not been given any information by the owner that Phoenician has been replaced by another contractor. If you feel the owner said that Phoenician is not responsible for maintenance, I demand that you ascertain on what date the change was and ask to see the contract with the new maintenance person and also ask when were tenants informed of the change. I have never been informed of a change in maintenance persons. I am attaching three letters from Hi Point Apts LLC in which they indicate Ali Mozannar is in charge of maintenance and the phone number of Phoenician Construction is supplied by Hi Point Apts LLC. I remind you that there is no indication in these letters that the intercom in apt 9 is to be excluded from maintenance, as you have concluded, a violation of state CCC Section 1942.4. a( 3) “The conditions have existed and have not been abated 35 days beyond the date of service of the notice specified in paragraph…” . These conditions have existed for over two years.
Your actions and that of the owner and contractor violate my Constitution rights under Section I and Section 7 of the California Constitution in that I am denied equal protection of the law.
1. Cynthia, as a state official acting in your official capacity and under color of law, you have failed to perform your mandatory duty to suspend the license of Phoenician Construction. Your phone talk failed to address the lack of THP’s required as a precedent to the permits; no THP’s means no permits were pulled by Phoenician for the apartment primary renovations brought to your attention. Any permits that did not have a THP are not only null and void but illegal.
2. I see Cynthia Ogan listed as the resident manager at the property but I see her roommate frequently doing cleanup on the property. Who is the resident manager, her or him? How much are they paid? What are the qualifications for resident manager? Does the owner have a workers compensation policy that covers Cynthia as well as John? Is the resident manager responsible for the repair of the intercom?
3. If the owner has told you that Phoenician was not responsible for maintenance at the property at the time the need for intercom repairs were needed, he has engaged in criminal fraud along with you by conspiring to take my rent money under false pretenses of not making repairs to my intercom.
4. In addition your agency is involved in the use of federal funds for purposes of discrimination against me due to my race, for which there is no immunity for the State of California for the injuries I sustain. *
GC section 8557 (b) “Political subdivision” includes any city, city and county, county, district, or other local governmental agency or public agency authorized by law. –
GC section 82048. (a) “Public official” means every member, officer, employee
or consultant of a state or local government agency.
Please suspend the license of Phoenician Construction without further delay.
All rights reserved.
[Tenant #9], a Black American
c: Office of the California State Attorney General; damage clam file against the Contractor State License Board and government official Executive Officer Cindi A. Christenson; Walter Barratt, Cliff Renfrew, Cynthia Ogan, HCIDLA, LA County Public Health, Ali Mozannar, George Cerda, Sol Ashun
enc: Letters March 27 2014, April 4 2014, July 7 2014, November 4 2015, all irrefutable evidence indicating that Ali Mozannar , and phone of, Phoenician Construction is responsible for the maintenance for the building at 1522 Hi Point St.
Note: “The general rule of law is that upon default, the factual allegations of the complaint, except those relating to the amount of damages, will be taken as true.” Geddes v. United Group, 559 F. 2d 557, 560 (9th Cir. 1997).
From government related article http://federalpracticemanual.org/chapter8/section1
“Federal Practice Manual for Legal Aid Attorneys”
[Editor: This has been redacted from the original nine page letter]
Update March 19 2016
Hi Point Apts is Unsanitary, Substandard, and Unsafe
LA county Public Health Feb 10 2016 have said they have no authority over the wiring in the 1522 Hi Point St 90035 building.
Health and Safety code 17920.3 sections(a)(13) and (d) and (i) give the city and county employees jurisdiction, but as of March 16 talk with city code enforcement, and after over two years of defective security system intercom wiring, government employees maintain they have no jurisdiction under H & S code 17920.3. City employee Richard Brinson, Le Taun J. Cotton, Veronica Bauchman, David Burkhead, Richard Jackson, and Udo O. Nwachuku all claim the city and county employees have no jurisdiction to enforce defective and improperly maintained wiring.
Since there is general dilapidation abandoned vehicle and improper maintenance of the wiring and construction materials, the Health and Safety code 17920.3 declares the building to be “unsanitary” and “substandard” and “unsafe”.
Tenant security is at risk.
August 5, 2015
Norwalk Intake Mediation Center
12501 E Imperial Hwy Suite 620
Norwalk, CA 90650
Via first class mail and Facsimile 562-466-6064
re Reyes Contractor Inc. #991279
Rene A. Blackshire:
I am a third part beneficiary to the contract between Reyes Contractor Inc. and Hi Point Apts LLC. According to local rent control Los Angeles Municipal Code, the capital improvements done to the building must “primarily benefit the tenant”. As a result of this relationship with me as a tenant in the building, I was ordered to pay $17 per month over 60 months towards the repairs that Reyes Contractor alleged to have done to the building.
I have received your letter of May 27 2015 and May 29, 2015. I am including them as part of this letter as attachments and filled out.
Just a reminder that I did send a package mailed May 26, 2015 and received by your office May 27, 2015 by priority mail. The package was 29 pages and included the complaint form as well as the invoice dated November 4 2014, and consisting of 18 pages, CFO dated 1973, picture with gate wiring dated April 6, 2014, email May 24 2015 to contractor and property owner Walter Barratt, permit May 15 2014 for electrical.
Today I am including the following documents; I will also fax you a link to the documents as well as mail the originals to you:
- Your letter dated May 27 2015 – form- signed by me
- Your letter dated May 29, 2015 – form- signed by me
- December 16, 2014 LAHCID request for cancelled checks to owner
- Jan 22 2015 – email from owner re Checks to city
- Checks and withdrawal slips- four pages from owner
- Feb 13 2015- City notification of rent increase $17.08
- Feb. 19 2015 – 30 day notice of rent increase for $17.08
- Rent checks cashed April 2, 2015; May 1, 2015, June 1, 2015
Commentary: Supplement to the License Board Complaint:
- The contractor has made no written response to my email of May 24 2015.
- Los Angeles City ordinance no. 176,544 states that hours of construction on this rent control primary renovation property are 8:00 – 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. The ordinance was passed in 2005.
- The checks and debit transactions supplied herein were given to me by the city government pursuant to a public records act request, I received them on May 20, 2015. Neither the owner of the property nor the contractor has supplied me with any cancelled checks.
- FYI the owner claimed to the city LAHCID that capital improvement repairs were made between April 1 2014 and May 1 2014. Around the same time and into approximately October 2014, the owner was also renovating about eleven apartments as “primary renovation” using contractor Reyes. I can supply copies of city permits to show the time frame for the repairs to the eleven apartments. The owner claims about $36,000 for the capital improvements [see invoice previously supplied]; the check copies, not cancelled checks, total about $32,000. However, there is no distinction made between the “primary” renovations and the “capital improvements”. The checks do not correspond to the invoiced amounts; the checks seem to be dated before November 2014 when the capital improvement invoice was generated. I have written proof that the owner claimed the primary renovations to each of the eleven apartments would total about $17,000 each or 11x $17,000 = $187,000. It would appear the checks supplied were for the primary renovations, not for the capital improvements.
[ Tenant Name and Address Redacted]
[ Eric Garcetti Mayor lamayor.org office of los angeles mayor eric garcetti Garcetti plates of waffles twitter facebook instagram eric garcetti former member thriving economy “…in these times of racial strife across this country of the United States, should any Black American be denied a housing service?” Eric Garcetti Mayor lamayor.org office of los angeles mayor eric garcetti Garcetti plates of waffles twitter facebook instagram eric garcetti former member thriving economy ]
“Racism at Hi Point Apts”
Updated September 19 2016
Los Angeles, California officials say Black tenant treated as “Nigger” not entitled to full and equal housing privileges. Select tenants are named. United States Central District Court case CV16-03236 JLS.
Attorneys for the defendants are ATTORNEY FOR COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES, AND ALAN CHEN Renee E Jensen email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; ATTORNEY FOR WILLIAMS REAL ESTATE ADVISORS, Inc. Thomas L Watters email@example.com; ATTORNEY FOR STATE OF CALIFORNIA Martin Ageson firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; ATTORNEY FOR CITY OF LOS ANGELES, CHARLES GARCIA, BARBARA BRASCIA, RICHARD BRINSON, ARMIDA-OLGUIN FLORES Robert P Moore firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; ATTORNEY FOR HI POINT APTS, LLC, WALTER BARRATT, CLIFF RENFREW Jared A Barry firstname.lastname@example.org [UPDATED SEPT. 19, 2016]
Racism Hi Point Apts